This Mini-MPA is Designed for experienced managers in the public and nonprofit sectors, the Mini-Master of Public Administration (Mini-MPA) certificate program is an accelerated program led by London Qualifications Board and experienced practitioners.
The Mini-MPA is designed for:
- experienced managers in the public and nonprofit sectors.
Candidates are required to hold a bachelor’s degree or in any other related experience
Study plan & class duration
8 subjects required in each field of study
- Economics in Public Sector
- Good Governance, Nation and State Building
- Human Resources Management in Public Sector
- International Relations
- Micro and Macro Economics
- Public Policy and Administration
- Public Service Innovation
- State Capacity
- Apply specialist technical knowledge, of the theory, principles and practice of service to the public, including make appropriate interventions
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge of public administration to engage with, critique and improve current practices
- Analyze and evaluate conceptual (theoretical) and contextual (applied) approaches to financial management, economics and planning in the public sector
- Synthesize, analyze, and apply relevant research, public policy, theories and principles of public administration, including the application of research methods and techniques to critically evaluate public programmers and policy alternatives, including providing solutions to complex practical or theoretical problems
- Synthesize the concepts associated with ethical behavior and social responsibility, including demonstrating competence to make autonomous ethical decisions, which engages students in a meaningful effort to effect ethical public service, drive social change and promote social justice
- Critically evaluate leadership qualities, analyze and apply the rule of law in administrative procedures, as well as diverse roles in effective administrative decision making
- Understand and apply ethical implications of decisions and actions across diverse cultural, political, and temporal perspectives and be prepared to choose and act with integrity in their careers
- Evaluate the process for sustainable planning for change and the various means of production in the public sector, provide independent leadership on ways to maximize public sector efficiency and effectiveness.
Assignment and Presentation which weight 50% respectively
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 12 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 6 and 12 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Mini MPA Program should be completed in 9 months.