This Mini-MBA is focused on developing your business skills. It is an online fast-track program that covers all core areas of general business management. The Mini-MBA is a quick and cost-effective way to reach your next career goal and boost your employment profile. It compresses the most important aspects of traditional management studies into six exciting and affordable online courses.
The Mini-MBA is designed for:
- People who want to get a foundational understanding of the world of business and lay the perfect foundation for their career path.
- Managers who want to become knowledgeable in a variety of business-related areas in order to advance in their career
- People who want to get the core insights of a MBA-style education in an accelerated and affordable manner.
Candidates are required to hold a bachelor’s degree in Business or in any other related field from an accredited institution.
Study plan & class duration
9 subjects required in each field of study
- Business Policy
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Financial Management
- General Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Project Management
Module 1 Business Policy
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic components of strategy formulation.
- Construct a strategy to accomplish the strategic objectives that you develop.
- Analyze industries and companies.
- Evaluate and prioritize ethical, environmental, and social justice issues within a business strategy.
- Understand basic components of strategic analysis.
- Develop a variety of industry segment and company situation analyses via tools like the strategic group map
- Evaluate historical financial data and prepare and/or evaluate strategic financial forecasts.
- Integrate strategic analysis with objectives and strategy development.
- Judge a recommended strategy within the context of a company’s current position in a comprehensive and integrative manner.
- Communicate effectively when justifying decisions about or elaborating upon specific aspects of your company’s goals and objectives, initiatives, and strategic plans or when offering a critique of others’ work
Module 2 Business Strategy
- Use appropriate strategic thinking frameworks to analyze information and make decisions that will maximize organizational performance.
- Assess and adapt to new information and changing environments
- Accurately interpret evidence, reports, and graphical depictions of business data from a variety of sources to assess business performance and identify key issues.
- Compose a variety of commonly occurring business texts such as emails, letters, memos, PowerPoint presentations, SlideDocs, reports, and newsletter articles. Students must demonstrate effectiveness in the design, organization, content, and style of these documents.
Module 3 Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Key concepts underpinning entrepreneurship and its application in the recognition and exploitation of product/ service/ process opportunities
- Key concepts underpinning innovation and the issues associated with developing and sustaining innovation within organizations
- How to design creative strategies for pursuing, exploiting and further developing new opportunities
- Issues associated with securing and managing financial resources in new and established organizations
Module 4 Financial Management
- Have a view on the financial management of business and on financial markets and instruments.
- Be familiar with the valuation of capital market instruments.
- Understand the types of investment decisions made by firms.
Module 5 General Management
- Understand what management is.
- Understand the primary functions of management.
- Understand the primary types of managers and the roles they play.
- Understand the advantages that arise from managing people well.
Module 6 Human Resource Management
- Understand the purpose of human resource management for both the organization and individuals.
- Understand the key laws affecting human resource practices.
- Understand effective strategies for recruiting and selecting qualified job applicants.
- Understand employee orientation and training approaches.
- Understand employee development and performance evaluations.
- Understand common employee compensation, incentive, and benefits strategies.
- Understand the options for employee separation/termination.
- Understand current trends and challenges in HR management.
Module 7 Marketing Management
- Discern the difference between business markets and consumer markets.
- Understand the marketing research techniques used to understand consumer behavior.
- Learn the roles of segmentation, targeting, and positioning in strategically placing a product in the market and gaining competitive advantage.
- Examine the characteristics that influence buying decisions.
- Know the major steps in developing effective integrated marketing communications.
Module 8 Organizational Behavior
- Recognize why you want power and, when you have power, how you use it.
- Know the major obstacles to effective interpersonal communication.
- Explore the three personality traits involved in creativity.
- Learn the skills that are most important for effective management.
- Understand your management style better, including how others see you.
- Determine which stress-reducing practices or techniques would most benefit you.
- Examine the principles of supportive communication.
Module 9 Project Management
- Manage the scope, cost, timing, and quality of the project, at all times focused on project success as defined by project stakeholders.
- Align the project to the organization’s strategic plans and business justification throughout its lifecycle.
- Identify project goals, constraints, deliverables, performance criteria, control needs, and resource requirements in consultation with stakeholders.
- Implement project management knowledge, processes, lifecycle and the embodied concepts, tools and techniques in order to achieve project success.
- Adapt projects in response to issues that arise internally and externally.
- Interact with team and stakeholders in a professional manner, respecting differences, to ensure a collaborative project environment.
- Utilize technology tools for communication, collaboration, information management, and decision support.
- Implement general business concepts, practices, and tools to facilitate project success.
- Apply appropriate legal and ethical standards.
- Adapt project management practices to meet the needs of stakeholders from multiple sectors of the economy (i.e. consulting, government, arts, media, and charity organizations).
- Apply project management practices to the launch of new programs, initiatives, products, services, and events relative to the needs of stakeholders.
- Appraise the role of project management in organization change.
Assignment and Presentation which weight 50% respectively
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 12 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 6 and 12 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Mini MBA Program should be completed in 9 months.