This diploma is designed for professionals to equip with the skills necessary for employment in some aspects of wildlife or ecological management or research.
- Wildlife ecology
- Animals as individuals
- Food and nutrition
- The ecology of behavior
- Population growth
- Dispersal, dispersion, and distribution
- Population regulation, ﬂuctuation, and competition within species
- Competition and facilitation between species
- Parasites and pathogens
- Wildlife conservation and management
- Counting animals
- Model evaluation and adaptive management
- Experimental management
- Conservation in theory
- Conservation in practice
- Wildlife harvesting
- Wildlife control
- Ecosystem management and conservation
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- understand the ecological basis of conservation, harvest management, and pest control.
- equip skills in handling, marking, observing, and censusing wild animals.
- equip practical realities of wildlife management from the administrative and legal points of view.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module, we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module, we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.