This diploma provides an in-depth study of the area of web data management covering the state of the art in designing and building web applications and services, primarily focusing on issues and challenges that revolve around the management and processing of data.
- A Survey of Web Data Management Systems
- Node and Link Objects
- Predicates on Node and Link Objects
- Imposing Constraints on Hyperlink Structures
- Query Mechanism for the Web
- Schemas for Warehouse Data
- Web Data Visualization
- Detecting and Representing Relevant Web Deltas
- Knowledge Discovery Using Web Bags
- The Road Ahead
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- analyze the current technology stack.
- understand how one could use these technologies for building something useful.
- create a system that can use of Web search, web crawlers, and web information retrieval.
- Analyze and implement a system with Web graph mining.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module, we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module, we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.