This program specifically develops in the domain of management with a focus on the decimation of skills and knowledge in regard to application of management related techniques and principles in tourism and travel industry.
- Tourism: Its origins, growth and future
- Tourism Demand
- The Supply of Tourism
- Transporting the Tourists
- Managing the Supply Base
- Accommodation and hospitality services
- Tour operating and travel retailing
- Visitor attractions
- The management of tourism
- The public sector and tourism
- Managing the visitor and their impacts
- The future of tourism
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of the course learners will:
- Equip with generic business management expertise and appropriate practical skills within the context of the tourism industry.
- Explore a broad insight into tourism and a fundamental understanding of tourism management principles and theories.
- Ability to understand a variety of technical, managerial and personal skills and strategies in the everyday running of a tourism enterprise.
- Develop a sound base for progression into management and industry leadership positions, and exploiting entrepreneurial opportunities
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24 and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.