This diploma designed for those who are interested in teaching English as a second or foreign language.
- Planning for Teaching and Learning
- Exploring learning processes
- Assessing learners’ language needs
- Planning a course
- Responding to learning needs in the classroom
- Meeting Learners’ Needs
- Language Work in the Classroom
- Supporting learners away from home
- Designing feedback questionnaires
- Teaching vocabulary, pronunciation, listening, reading, speaking and writing
- Setting up a self-access facility
- Choosing and Designing self-access materials
- Supporting self-access from the classroom
- Designing computer-delivered assessment elements
- Using Information and Communications Technologies
- Building your teaching portfolio
- Doing action research
- Coping with your paperwork
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- understand how language is acquired
- understand what constitutes errors in a language
- know the principles on which modern language teaching is based
- understand what phonetic and phonology are
- know which methodologies can be used to teach English
- know how to use materials and aids to teach English in the class
- know how to organize the class
- know how to design lesson plans
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%. This course has been endorsed under the ATHE UK Qualifications Scheme.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.