This diploma is designed for professionals to delve into the fundamental aspects of management applied to sport, offering knowledge and experiences.
- The history of sport
- Sports clubs
- The role and importance of sport in our society
- Professionalism and commitment
- The ethics of sport
- Sport is a voluntary concept
- Management of voluntary organizations
- Sports development
- Leadership qualities in the sports situation
- Partnerships and liaisons
- National governing bodies in sports
- Performance appraisal
- Organizational management in Sport Industry
- Sports Management in practice
- The management of sport as a public service
- Management challenges in Sports
- Sports Marketing
- Event management
- Education and training
- Resources for club and people management
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- optimize the management of a sport facility and sport event.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.