This diploma is designed for professionals to equip with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in employment in the spa industry at supervisory or management level.
- Spas, wellness and human evolution
- Spa industry benchmarking
- Trends in the global spa industry
- Business plans for ‘state of the art’ spas
- Spa feasibility: Steps and processes
- Spa design, development and construction
- The emergence of a new global luxury business model
- Branding and spas
- Spa retail
- Product development
- Wellness technologies and related products
- Spa marketing
- Built environment-spa design
- Environmental responsibility in the spa industry: a business perspective
- Environmental and Social Benchmarking
- Water requirements, water quality and related technologies
- Spas and sustainability
- Spas and the future leadership climate
- Human resource management in spas: staff recruitment, retention and remuneration
- Spa-related education and training
- Traditional knowledge and spas
- Ethics and values
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- demonstrate a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life, enabling them to make an immediate contribution to employment at the appropriate professional level.
- equip the knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in related industries; a capacity to raise the level of their academic attainment according to their individual capabilities and the specific requirements of the course.
- gain ability to further professional qualification in a related area.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.