This diploma is designed for anyone wishing to study and/or understand the essential concepts needed for real estate, surveying, land management, housing, property, planning and construction.
- Introduction to real estate
- Nature and description of real estate
- Rights and interests in land
- Forms of ownership
- Transferring title
- Recordation, abstracts, and title insurance
- Contract law
- Real estate sales contracts
- Mortgage and note
- Deed of trust
- Lending practices
- The loan and the consumer
- Sources of financing
- Types of financing
- Taxes and assessments
- Title closing and escrow
- Real estate leases
- Real estate appraisal
- Licensing laws and professional affiliation
- The principal–broker relationship: employment
- The principal–broker relationship
- Fair housing, ada, equal credit, and community reinvestment
- Condominiums, cooperatives, puds, and timeshares
- Land-use control
- Investing in real estate
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- equip with essential knowledge and skills in the real estate field.
- engage in property management, property valuation, property development and estate agency practices.
- expose to the basics of business management, economic, accounting and other-related subjects.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.