This program is designed for professionals looking to the strategic role of purchasing and supply chain management within the organization, the impact of changes in the regulatory and policy environment on the supply chain, it develops students’ knowledge of best practice in the field and the importance of business process/activity integration to support this.
- Introduction to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Purchasing Policy and Procedures
- Purchasing Operations and Structure
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supply Management and Commodity Strategy Development
- Supplier Evaluation and Selection
- Supplier Quality Management
- Supplier Quality Management
- Worldwide Sourcing
- Strategic Sourcing Process
- Critical Supply Chain Elements
- Strategic Cost Management
- Contract Management
- Purchasing Law and Ethics
- Lean Supply Chain Management
- Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Purchasing and Supply Strategy Trends
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- demonstrate the understanding of the role of purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- appreciate the dynamics of purchasing negotiations
- demonstrate knowledge of Stores Management and Stock Control
- appreciates Public Procurement Procedures and Legal Aspects
- demonstrates knowledge in International and Supply Chain Management
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.