This diploma will help students learn to assess policy alternatives, develop effective programs, mobilize support, manage for performance and evaluate success. They will learn to think deeply and broadly about public service and the impact policies have on people, markets and institutions. Also, they will experience the nexus of academic theories and real-world relevance and will graduate prepared to create positive social change.
- Public Policy as a Concept
- Does Politics Cause Policy? Or Does Policy Cause Politics?
- Who Makes Decisions? How Do They Make Decisions?
- Actors and Institutions
- The Policy Process
- The Field of Policy Analysis
- Impact Analysis and Program Evaluation
- Policy Implementation
- Policy Design
- New Directions in Policy Research
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Apply social science methods and policy analysis to practical problems of government, communities, regions, and/or global issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply oral and written communication skills in public appearances, written reports and documents.
- Follow ethical principles for citing sources, using human subjects, serving the public, and working with colleagues.
- Develop critical thinking about public policy issues and the ability to conduct professional analyses of social, political, and economic structures and bureaucratic processes.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.