This diploma program is designed for professionals to demonstrate vocational knowledge, skills, applied competence and the necessary attitudes in the field of public administration and management to become lifelong learners, employable workers and contributors to public administration in various institutions.
- The Traditional Model of Public Administration
- Public Management and Public Enterprise
- Public Policy and Policy Analysis
- The Role of Government and Strategic Management
- Personnel and Performance Management
- Managing External Constituencies
- Public Management in Developing Countries
- A New Paradigm for Public Management
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- understand the vocational leadership and managerial base of innovative and practice-based public administration and management.
- understand the role of public administration in government and public office, and its role in the implementation of government policy and translating political decisions into the “reality” which citizens see every day.
- understand the behavior and responsibilities of ‘civil servants’ and officials who are responsible for those policies and programs.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module, we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module, we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.