This diploma provides students with knowledge and understanding of the nature and characteristics of operating systems in both the manufacturing and service sectors.
- Introduction to production and operation management
- Plant location and layout
- Material handling
- Materials management
- Production planning and control
- Quality control
- Work-study (time and motion study)
- Maintenance management
- Waste management
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the development of manufacturing and service operations management as a subject and be able to outline the strategic concerns involved in operations decisions;
- Be able to demonstrate the links between operations strategy, corporate strategy, and organization performance;
- Be conversant with the principles and philosophy underpinning inventory management techniques, just-in-time and MRP systems, and be able to identify limitations and problems with implementing these techniques in practice;
- Understand quality management and the evolution of practice; assess the relationship between quality and capability, and between quality and competitiveness;
- Be able to consider the notion of process management and its implications for practice;
- Be in a position to identify the connection between organizational structures, technology, operational activities, and competitiveness.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module, we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module, we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.