This diploma program is designed for professionals working in or frequenting a port facility often to provide them with an understanding of the basic security knowledge that they should possess and implement on a day-to-day basis. This course has been created for all those legally active within the port and/or on a port facility who do not undertake specific security roles but must however possess an understanding of their responsibilities for assisting in maintaining effective security.
- Introduction to Port Security Management
- Maritime and Port Security
- Security Challenges Facing in Port Security
- Port Security as Risk Management System
- Port Facility Security as Management Section
- Facility and Personnel Security
- Access Control
- Physical Security Issues in Port Security
- Security Force Management
- Vessel and Cargo Operations
- Security and Emergency Management
- Managing Technology Solution for Port Facility Security
- Systematic Management for a Secure and Viable Port Facility
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- identify and understand the common Threats to Maritime Security.
- recognize Dangerous Goods & Products.
- understand the requirements within a Port Facility Security Plan.
- identify and implement Appropriate Security Measures.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.