This is an advanced program specifically designed to understand political science as a group of sciences that fall within the disciplines of social sciences, which study the rules of political theory and its applications and their ability to analyze political systems and political behavior.
- Nature and Scope of Political Science
- Approaches to the study of Political Science
- Elements of the State
- Marxian Theory of State
- Functions of Modern States
- Aspects and Characteristics of Sovereignty
- Types of Sovereignty
- Law, Liberty, Equality, Justice, Rights and Duties
- Liberty, Equity and Justice
- Systems Analysis – Political System Meaning and Characteristics
- Major Concepts in Political Analysis (Power – Influence – Legitimacy and Authority)
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of the course learners will:
- Understand Political thought
- To be able to compare political systems
- Understand international policies and theories
- To be able to practice the rules of political practice
- Understand methodology in thinking and political analysis.
- A university degree in a related area of study
- A university degree in an unrelated area of study supported by a minimum of one-year work experience
- An approved professional or vocational qualification recognized as a level 6 qualification
- Subject-by subject exemptions will be awarded subject to the submission of relevant and appropriate documentation of previously completed qualifications by the applicants
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.