This diploma program is designed for professionals in the diverse museum sector.
- Complexity and Creativity in Contemporary Museum Management
- Leading Change: Why transformation efforts fail
- Museums: Challenges for the 21st century
- Embracing Organizational Change in Museums
- Museum Staff Perspectives on Organizational Change
- The Effective Management of Museums: Cohesive leadership and visitor-focused public programming
- The University Art Museum: Deﬁning purpose and mission
- Strategic Management for Visitor-oriented museums: A change of focus
- Measuring Social Value
- Beyond Big and Awesome: Outcome-based evaluation
- The Strategic Signiﬁcance of Workforce Diversity in Museums
- Volunteers in the Heritage Sector: A neglected audience?
- Emotional Intelligence, Passion and Museum Leadership
- Visionary Leadership and Missionary Zeal
- Interim Directorships in Museums: Their impact on individuals and signiﬁcance to institutions
- The Marketing Approach in Museums, Missions, goals, and marketing’s role
- Strangers, Guests, or Clients? Visitor experiences in museums
- Museum Marketing: Understanding different types of audiences
- Expanding the Museum Audience through Visitor Research
- Revisiting Membership Scheme Typologies in Museums and Galleries
- A Delicate Balance: Museums and the marketplace
- The Impact of Free Entry to Museums
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- develop the skill set to manage programs and resources that preserve and publicly present our civilization’s cultural and natural heritage.
- identify, conserve and interpret objects and collections in museums and galleries and the role of museums within society.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.