This diploma program provides the standards that must be achieved by individuals that are working in Military Administration.
- The Military as a Profession: The Rise and Struggles of Autonomous Professionalism
- The Military as a Public Bureaucracy: Rational Structures and Principle Agents
- Toward a New Defense Enterprise
- Governance Reforms and Improving Defense Acquisition Performance
- Developing a Twenty-First Century Total Force
- National Security Personnel System
- Strategic Challenges, Culture and Structure
- Overview of a Public Budget
- The Defense Budget
- Human Capital: DoD’s National Security Personnel System Faces Implementation Challenges
- Private Military Companies
- Defense Policy and Doctrinal Insulation
- Military and Homeland Security
- Civil–Military Relations Theory and Military Effectiveness
- Military Leadership and Culture
- The Profession of Arms and the Management of Violence
- Regional Defense Policy
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced theoretical and technical knowledge in their chosen area of practice in Military Administration;
- Apply their theoretical and technical knowledge to a range of contexts to undertake professional work in military, defense or policy contexts, or as a pathway to further learning.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.