This is a specialized Management program which emphasis on the concept ‘Material is Money’. It encompasses the importance of material management and Industry is giving special focus on vendor management and procurement. It enables the candidate to understand how the cost of material can make the industry competitive. It also helps the participants to understand that this function also can increase the profitability of a business organization. It is a program which should be done by candidates who wants to understand the importance of materials department in an organization and develop themselves as able managers in this ever-growing business function.
- Introduction to Materials Management
- Production Planning System
- Master Scheduling
- Material Requirements Planning
- Capacity Management
- Production Activity Control
- Inventory Fundamentals
- Order Quantities
- Independent Demand Ordering Systems
- Physical Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Physical Distribution
- Products and Processes
- Just-in-Time Manufacturing and Lean Production
- Total Quality Management
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of the course learners will:
- Understand a wide range of management skills, while at the same time building competence in a particular area of business.
- Understand subjects such as stock management, inventory management, demand and supply chain management and even purchasing and delivery management.
- prepare for complete chain of sales in any dealer or distributor company, as also for pursuing advanced research in the discipline
- A university degree in a related area of study
- A university degree in an unrelated area of study supported by a minimum of one-year work experience in business
- An approved professional or vocational qualification recognized as a level 6 qualification
- Subject-by subject exemptions will be awarded subject to the submission of relevant and appropriate documentation of previously completed qualifications by the applicants
- Evidence of a minimum of 3 years relevant practical experience at managerial level which can demonstrate that a positive contribution can be made to the program
- All applicants must be 21 years of age
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.