This diploma demonstrates the need for co-operation between the academic and practitioners in the field of logistics. It combines academic theory with practice so that it develops the participant’s logistics competencies, which can in turn be transferred to the workplace.
- Logistics, the supply chain and competitive strategy
- Logistics and customer value
- Measuring logistics costs and performance
- Matching supply and demand
- Creating the responsive supply chain
- Strategic lead-time management
- The synchronous supply chain
- Complexity and the supply chain
- Managing the global pipeline
- Managing risk in the supply chain
- The era of network competition
- Overcoming the barriers to supply chain integration
- Creating a sustainable supply chain
- The supply chain of the future
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Understand of the overview and importance of Logistics and Supply chain and their interaction with all other facets of business operations in achieving the goals of business enterprises.
- Gain knowledge of operations and people management and marketing logistics services and products.
- Understand the economics of the logistics and supply chain environment and be equipped with the financial, statistical and information management tools for making business decisions.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.