This program provides an advanced and comprehensive understanding of the forces shaping and facing the challenges both in individual states and the international community. The main aim of this course is to provide the capacity to engage with the literature in the field of international relations and interpret of global politics.
- The nature of international relations
- Anarchy and the origin of the modern international system
- Realism: the basics
- Liberalism: the basics
- Challenging anarchy: building world politics
- Criticizing world politics
- Reconﬁguring world politics: globalization
- Contemporary challenges in international relations
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of the course learners will:
- Demonstrate substantial knowledge and understanding of historical development of international relations
- Recount in detail various international relations theories
- Describe dynamic nature of International relations and importance of having a systematic framework in order to evaluate issues in world politics
- A university degree in a related area of study
- A university degree in an unrelated area of study supported by a minimum of one-year work experience
- An approved professional or vocational qualification recognized as a level 6 qualification
- Subject-by subject exemptions will be awarded subject to the submission of relevant and appropriate documentation of previously completed qualifications by the applicants
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.