This diploma program is designed to specialize in a key area or gain a broader qualification in international law. It’s ideal for international legal practitioners, scholars, and those working in international agencies or non-government organizations who are looking to gain specialized knowledge in the area.
- Sources of International Law
- States and Recognition
- The Law of Treaties
- Diplomatic Privileges and Immunities
- State Immunity
- Nationality, Aliens, and Refugees
- International Organizations
- The United Nations, including the use of force
- Human Rights
- The Law of Armed Conflicts
- International Criminal Law
- The Law of Sea
- International Environmental Law
- International Civil Aviation
- Special Regimes
- International Economic Law
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- understand the basic concepts and terminology of international law.
- provide an overview of the processes by which international law is formed and the most important bodies and institutions involved in the international legal system
- understand the international law relating to treaties, and to the use of force, and the relevance of those topics to current events.
- show the relevance of international law to current political and social developments at the international and national levels.
- understand the sources and methods of research in the field of international law.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personality and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module, we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module, we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.