This diploma program is designed to provide the foundation of knowledge necessary for individuals who have information security responsibilities as part of their day to day role, or who are thinking of moving into information security or related function. It also provides the opportunity for those already within these roles to enhance or refresh their knowledge.
- Integrated Threat Management
- Understanding Information Security Management Systems
- Planning for a Privacy Breach
- Using Quasi-Intelligence Resources to Protect the Enterprise
- Information Risk Management: A Process Approach to Risk Diagnosis and Treatment
- Department-Level Transformation and Setting Priorities in Your Security Program
- Why and How Assessment of Organization Culture Shapes Security Strategies
- Authentication Tokens
- Authentication and the Role of Tokens
- Rootkits: Th e Ultimate Malware Threat
- Encryption Key Management in Large-Scale Network Deployments
- Elements of Physical Security
- Principles of Computer and Network Organizations, Architectures, and Designs
- Communications and Network Security
- Internet, Intranet, and Extranet Security
- Network Attacks and Countermeasures
- Application Security Issues and
- Information Law
- Incident Handling
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- equip with an understanding of the key areas involved in information security management, including risk management, legal frameworks, business continuity, and security standards.
- Understand the general principles of information technology security.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.