This diploma program is designed for professionals to develop for creative and technically minded people with a desire to become a key part of the games industry.
- Introduction to Game Development
- Game Project Survival Test
- What Is a Game Made Of?
- Business Context First
- Key Design Elements
- Game Design Document
- The Technical Design Document
- The Project Plan
- Task Tracking
- Outsourcing Strategies
- Shipping Your Game
- The Vision Document
- Requirement Gathering
- The Design Document
- Unified Modeling Language Survival Guide
- Technical Design
- Time Estimates
- Putting It All Together into a Plan
- Measuring Progress
- Controlling Feature Creep
- Point Releases vs. Patches
- Garage Development Spans the Internet
- Getting a Job in the Game Industry
- Starting a Game Development Company
- Outsourcing Music, Sound Effects, Writing and Voice
- Outsourcing Cinematics& Models and Motion Capture & Animation
- Fan-Generated Material
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- built up an extensive portfolio demonstrating technical, artistic and professional abilities.
- emphasis on understanding and applying techniques including 3D modelling, animation, and lightning in video game production.
- gain a solid grasp of the fundamental game art principles, including knowledge of game engine technology and pre-production and production environments taught
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.