This diploma program is designed for professionals with an understanding of the processes for managing commercial, recreational and traditional fisheries under the principles of Ecologically Sustainable Development.
- Marine Conservation and Fisheries Management
- Economic Trends in Global Marine Fisheries
- Biodiversity, Function, and Interconnectedness
- Aquaculture: Production and Markets
- Gender Dimensions in Fisheries Management
- Governance, Science, and Society: The Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries
- A Review of Fisheries Subsidies: Quantiﬁcation, Impacts, and Reform
- World Fish Markets
- Climate Change and Fisheries Management
- Conservation of Biodiversity and Fisheries Management
- Minimizing Bycatch of Sensitive Species Groups in Marine Capture Fisheries
- One Fish, Two Fish, IUU, and No Fish
- Ecosystem Modeling and Fisheries Management
- Conservation Investments and Mitigation
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- explain the need for fisheries management.
- identify fisheries management issues, outline the principles of fisheries management.
- describe the components of the fisheries management process and identify the criteria for effective fisheries management.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.