This program is designed as a management course covering functional areas of management with quantitative and conceptual inputs. The program is specialized to create a basic integrated perspective of the primary managerial functions.
- Objective and Scope of Financial Management
- Sources of Finance – Long Term, Short Term and International
- Type of Budgets
- Budgetary Control
- Cash-Flow Statements
- Making capital investment decisions
- The cost of capital and the capital structure decision
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements
- Limited Companies
- Responsibilities of financial manager
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Obtain and assimilate knowledge appropriate to the practice of financial management in any organization.
- Prepare financial statements of entities, including groups of companies, using relevant financial information, accounting techniques and standards; and to analyses and interpret such financial statements
- Understand the general legal framework, and apply specific legal principles relating to business, including taxation legislation as applicable to individuals, single companies and groups of companies.
- Describe the organizational context of the financial manager and of the development of financial systems; to understand the need for the efficient use of resources within an organization
- Communicate business and general management information to relevant stakeholders effectively using both oral and verbal communication
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.