The program explains the ways in which students learn and develop, whilst providing discussions and practical examples of how this information can be incorporated into teaching frameworks and used to plan, create and deliver effective lessons.
Educational Psychology: Becoming an Effective Classroom Teacher
Understanding Diversity in the Classroom
Cognitive and Language Development
Personal, Social, and Moral Development
Behavioral Views of Learning
Cognitive Views of Learning
Complex Cognitive Processes
Sociocognitive and Constructivist Views of Learning
Theories of Motivation and Effect
Motivation and Affect in the Classroom
Classroom Management: Creating a Successful Learning Environment
Assessment in the Classroom
Assessing Learning through Standardized Testing
An In-Depth Guide to Using Technology in the Classroom
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Discuss trends in student development
- Explain the terms of educational learning theories
- Identify key cognitive, social, and moral development theories
- Describe the process of learning and the types of motivation
- Illustrate the different learning & development theories
- Differentiate between behaviorism and constructivism as the two main learning theories
- Name renowned philosophers, psychologists & researchers associated with educational learning theories
- Describe the gender differences & the impact of the physical, social, academic, and cognitive factors
- Identify how cultural differences affect a student’s educational experience
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%. This course has been endorsed under the ATHE UK Qualifications Scheme.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.