The program is designed to impart an advanced theoretical and practical understanding of development issues affecting developing countries in the global context. Key issues covered in the program include development theory, poverty alleviation strategies, food security, land reform, development finance, gender and development and development management techniques among other issues.
- The Nature of Development and Development Studies
- Theories and Strategies of Development
- Globalization, Employment and Development
- Rural Development
- Urbanization and Development
- Environment and Development
- Gender and Development
- Health and Education
- Political Economy of Violence and Insecurity
- Governance and Development
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of the course learners will:
- Increase expertise and make a positive contribution to development practice around the world.
- Examine the theories and practices associated with inequalities in world development.
- A university degree in a related area of study
- A university degree in an unrelated area of study supported by a minimum of one-year work experience in business
- An approved professional or vocational qualification recognized as a level 6 qualification
- Subject-by subject exemptions will be awarded subject to the submission of relevant and appropriate documentation of previously completed qualifications by the applicants
- Evidence of a minimum of 3 years relevant practical experience at managerial level which can demonstrate that a positive contribution can be made to the program
- All applicants must be 21 years of age
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.