This diploma program develops and strengthening capacities in curriculum design and development among curriculum developers, school inspectors, examination officers as well as education planners and policy makers at local and regional level, for the purpose of enhancing their competences in planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the curriculum in compliance with quality assurance regulations.
- The Curriculum and the Study of the Curriculum
- Knowledge and the Curriculum
- Curriculum as content and product
- Curriculum as Process and Development
- Curriculum Development, Change and Control
- Assessment, Evaluation, Appraisal and Accountability
- The Politicization of the School Curriculum
- A Democratic and Educational National Curriculum
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- develop professional level managers for higher-tertiary education or business-not for profit sector learning, training, capability or development settings.
- develop higher, associative and critical thinking and evaluative capabilities and key real-world competencies.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%. This course has been endorsed under the ATHE UK Qualifications Scheme.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24 and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.