This diploma program is designed to cater with the knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in the hospitality operations part of a cruise, as well as providing an essential understanding of elements relating to life and work on a cruise ship. In addition to being introduced to the wider world of the cruise industry, its history, players, customers, regulations, concerns such as safety, security, professionalism etc., students will be studying specialist operational elements such as front office, customer service, effective communication, essential information technology skills etc.
- Contemporary Cruise Operations
- Selling Cruises and Cruise Products
- Maritime Issues and Legislation
- Cruise Geography
- Planning the Itinerary
- Working on Board
- Customer Service
- Managing Food and Drink Operations
- Managing Facilities
- Health, Safety, and Security
- Training and Learning on Board
- Managing Integrated Operations
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- use technical and inter-personal skills and knowledge to propose and evaluate practical and theoretical solutions to complex problems in the core areas of cruise ship hotel operations management;
- apply principles and practices of hotel management;
- identify and respond appropriately to the diversity that prevails within the cruise ship industry in relation to its stakeholders;
- evaluate and apply within the hotel management context, appropriate theories and concepts from generic management areas, e.g. managing people, hospitality operations management, managing business performance and business communication;
- analyze and evaluate the defining characteristics of cruise ship hospitality as a phenomenon, e.g. the different cultural aspects of hospitality;
- analyze and evaluate the impact of international tourism on the cruise ship industry, and hospitality operations management in particular.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.