This program specifically course designed to provide a broad level of project management knowledge, giving existing or aspiring project management professionals all the information, they need to have confidence in approaching the management of projects large or small.
- The development of construction procedures Management System
- Procedures for design and construction
- Payment arrangements, risks and project cost estimating
- Contract conditions used for civil engineering work
- Preparing contract documents
- The contractor’s site organization
- The employer and his engineer
- The resident engineer’s duties
- Health and safety regulations
- Starting the construction work
- Site surveys, investigations and layout
- The resident engineer’s office records
- Program and progress charts
- Measurement and bills of quantities
- Interim monthly payments
- Variations and claims
- Earthworks and pipelines
- Site concreting and reinforcement
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of the course learners will:
- Understand how organizations and projects are structured
- Follow and justify the project life cycle
- Evaluate the contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered
- Understand governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Provide effective and appropriate communication within a project management
- Make use of the principles of leadership and teamwork
- Understand planning for success
- Define and Manage project scope effectively
- Produce a schedule and use resource management techniques
- Understand project procurement
- Successfully Identify and manage risks and issues
- Understand project quality management.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfil and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.