This program is a mental health education program that allows students to gain knowledge through the understanding and applications of child and adolescent psychology. Childhood psychology and psychotherapy education are a unique branch of psychology and will be sought after by aspiring mental health practitioners and education leaders, given the pragmatism and societal demands.
- Introduction to Child Psychology
- Cognitive Theory
- Psychoanalytical Theory
- Social Psychology
- Ecological Systems Theory
- Application of Child Psychology
Overall Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- gain an insight into the history of the field of psychology, explore major theories and research of prominent psychologists and researchers.
- learn biological factors that influence the individual, explore the brain and cognitive abilities that aid in sensation and perception, and the various ways in which we learn.
- learn what is intelligence and the various psychometric tests available to test intelligence.
- learn various personality theories and personality tests.
- learn the fundamental theories and skills of counseling.
- understand the professionalism and ethical principles of being a therapist. Students will further learn the fundamentals of mental illness.
Executive Diplomas are professional diplomas delivered in a manner that gives you the flexibility to learn at a time and place that suits your personal and work life. You can embark immediately on an Executive Diploma knowing you can fit it into your schedule.
There are 50 Multiple Choice Questions (“MCQ”) for each module. If you start an MCQ session, please remember that it will time-out after 1.5 hours. You have three attempts at the MCQ to achieve a pass mark, which is set at 50%.
You should show that you will be able to fulfill and benefit from the objectives of the diploma or certificate and be able to achieve the required standards. Although no prior knowledge is required you should normally be at least 16 years old and have the following:
- Level 2 (QCF) Certificate; or
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above; and/or
- Relevant work experience.
Mode A: Fully Taught mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers. For each module, we recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide at least 48 hours of face to face lectures and tutorials.
Mode B: Blended Learning mode
Available at selected Approved Learning Centers where classes are held plus learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal.
We recommend that Approved Learning Centers provide between 24and 36 hours of lectures/tutorials and that you spend at least 12 hours learning online.
Mode C: Fully Online mode
Learners are given a complete set of learning materials to facilitate independent study which can be accessed through our designated Learning Portal. For each module, we recommend at least 72 hours of online learning.
For the Blended and Fully Taught modes please Contact Us for an Approved Learning Centre near you. Please note we are constantly adding Approved Centers.
Student Learning Time
Executive Diploma should be completed in 6 months.